Corporate Accountant (Switzerland)
Scalable Solutions is an international technology company that has been creating global fintech solutions in digital asset management since 2013. Scalable products are now used by millions of people in over 200 countries, and we are trusted by institutions such as stock exchanges, brokers and banks.
The company’s working and representative offices are located in Switzerland, USA, UK, Cyprus and other countries.
We are looking for a Corporate Accountant (Switzerland).
- Prepare and enter month end journal entries;
- Complete the monthly Financial Statement Checklist and supporting package documentation;
- Match and clear open invoices in the invoicing system;
- Reconcile bank statements ensuring all transactions are recorded and documented accurately;
- Reconcile monthly the balance sheet and P&L accounts;
- Monitoring of Account Receivable;
- Support audit processes, preparing internal and external audit schedules as needed;
- Assist and prepare VAT returns on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure other administrative work.
- Degree in accounting/finance, knowledge of accounting principles and standards;
- At least 2 years of experience in an accounting role;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (Swiss GAAP) and Swiss VAT;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, G-Suite;
- Good and clear communications skills, both verbal and written (English and German);
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines.
- Remote-first (but you can work from the office if you wish);
- Flexible schedule;
- Attention to all your wishes.
This Privacy Statement from the SCALABLE SOLUTIONS AG, having its head office Crypto Valley HQ, Im Rank, Zug 6300, Switzerland, shall describe the manner in which Scalable Solutions AG collects, controls, processes and transfers personal data about you. Please read the below carefully.
Purpose of the processing
The processing of personal data by Scalable Solutions AG is being conducted for various legitimate business and compliance purposes, which are, but not limited to and may vary from time to time, as follows:
- to sustain the application process and the organizational management using the following personal data:
- contact information such as full name, email address, phone number, postal address, passport or identification card, resume/CV, cover letter, position of interest, employee referral or other sources, educational institution, degree and discipline, personal internet addresses, assessment results (if applicable), compensation, department, job characteristics, start date, and whether the position or applicant has a restrictive covenant;
- to sustain the personnel administration using the following personal data:
- full name, email address, phone number, postal address, date of birth, gender (consistent with applicable data protection laws and with consent where required), type of employment contract, payment structure (e.g., hourly or salaried), nationality (consistent with applicable data protection laws and with consent where required), expat status, and full-time or part-time status;
- to administer employee relations and talent management using the following personal data:
- full name, employee ID, start date, location, department, full-time or part-time status, gender (if permitted by applicable data protection laws and with consent where required), performance rating and licenses or certifications required to hold the position ;
- to be able to provide technical support;
- to facilitate the management of an employee’s employment by providing limited access of his/her personal data to his/her manager;
- to fulfill governmental requirements using personal data such as tax information, social security information and other information required by law;
- to monitor and enforce Scalable Group’ policies and procedures, including but not limited to compliance with legal requirements and obligations, such as ethics, health and safety, security and intellectual property rights;
- to administer and analyze for statistical purposes; and
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Scalable Solutions AG will not process special categories of personal data unless (i) you have explicitly consented to this, (ii) the processing is required by applicable law, or (iii) the processing is otherwise permitted under applicable law. These special categories of personal data may include data about a person’s criminal behavior, or unlawful or objectionable conduct connected with a ban imposed with regard to such conduct.
Lawfulness of the processing
Scalable Solutions AG may process your personal data on one or more of, but not limited to, the following legal bases:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more of the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Scalable Solutions AG is subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Scalable Solutions AG or by a third party, if and in so far permitted under applicable law, including the legitimate interests that Scalable Group has:
- to adequately perform its business activities;
- to adequately perform other activities supportive of or closely related to its business activities, including the prevention of fraud and, internal market research;
- in which respect it is required, inter alia, as described under the Purpose of the processing, to sustain an application process, organizational management, and personnel administration, to administer employee relations and talent management, to provide technical support, to facilitate the management of an employee’s employment, to fulfill governmental requirements, to monitor and enforce Scalable Group’ policies and procedures, and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Any recipient of the personal data
Your personal data will be stored in databases used by the recruitment and human resources department for the purposes mentioned above. Scalable Solutions AG may hire third party processors in order to process your personal data. Access to your personal data is strictly controlled through an extensive security system in our network. Access to our database is limited to explicit human resources professionals, managers/heads, certain persons from the legal and/or compliance department(s) and will only be shared with other personnel or agents on a “need to know basis” for the purposes as set out above.
Transfers to third countries and safeguards
Your personal data will be stored in databases used by the human resources department, which are part of Scalable Solutions’ global human resources information management system (“HRIS”). Although HRIS is the primary system of record for personal data about employees, it is not the only system or tool used. Departments or managers may also use manual files, spreadsheets, access databases, and the like, to manage and store personal data. However, the primary system of record remains the HRIS. Your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data was originally collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. It is therefore possible that the European Commission has not declared that those countries provide an adequate level of protection. Nonetheless, when Scalable Solutions AG transfers your personal data to recipients in other countries, including the United States of America, Singapore and Hong Kong, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Statement and in compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
Scalable Solutions AG will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes specified above, and in any case at least as long as required under applicable law. Your data will continue to exist in our databases for the period in which Scalable Solutions AG must use it (for example, to prepare government tax statements), and then be archived or deleted, with specific timeframes determined by local laws and good business practice. In accordance with the applicable law, if you are not hired, Scalable Solutions AG shall retain your personal data for as long as necessary and allowed under the applicable laws. In addition, Scalable Group may retain your personal data for scientific, historical and statistical purposes.
The existence of each of data subject’s rights
Under applicable data protection laws you may have rights, which may include the right to view your personal data that Scalable Solutions AG maintains, correct or delete inaccurate personal data, restrict the processing of your personal data, oppose against the processing of your personal data, receive your personal data and transmit your personal data to another controller, withdraw consent provided by you, and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Consequences in case of refusal to provide personal data
The provision of your personal data may be required pursuant to a statutory or contractual obligation, or may be necessary for the execution of a contract. In that respect you may be required to provide certain personal data to Scalable Solutions AG, and failure to do so may result in Scalable Solutions AG deciding not to enter into a contract with you, or – if a contract has already been entered into – may have consequences for the contract between you and Scalable Solutions AG.